Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Debut

No this is not some post about some rookie's sparkling performance. Its just me and I'm here to vociferously disagree with Man City's decision to bid for Kaka for that humongous amount of over 100 million pounds.
I know Kaka is one of the most creative and effective players in the world today, but it will take more than one man to actually save a club that is nearing relegation.
Statistically they are the second top scorers, so scoring is not a problem. The defense is leaking, thats the trouble. With that sort of money, they should have maybe bid for a Shay Given or Chris Kirkland and plastered those leaks. 100 million would get you 4-5 decent players. God knows what the Sheikh from Abu Dhabi is thinking. Or maybe I'm just thinking like a miser.
Anyways I'm glad Kaka decided to stay at Milan. The harmonic balance of the beautiful game is not outdone by money.
So all is well.
PS: Gerd Muller is in Kolkata, I saw him in a East Bengal shirt :P

1 comment:

Sharad Ragas said...

.. he s a good kid, Kaka, and am glad he ll stay on with Milan.. I can only fret when i imagine what an English team would have done to him, Man City at that..

On the other hand, Milan could have done well with the money. 120 mill! thats a lot.. they could ve built a great team. I was not too impressed with their recent transfers, Sheva!! Gee! That was a dodo. While on Milan, did you check out Pato? Great kid!